Monday, September 29, 2008

Week 4-ONU

Let's just say this weekend was interesting, to say the least. It was the beginning of Rounds, for those of you unfamiliar with Greek life this means we have no social life for the next two weekends while we try and find sweet girls to join our chapter. However, this year I am on the other side of the fence so to speak and am being the responsible and unbiased Rho Gamma. Which in lamens terms means I get to hang out with fun freshman, talk to them about the things I love and watch them find a place they consider a home away from home. I feel really old doing it, but it makes me chuckle to think I thought some of the same things, made some of the same comments and asked the same million questions they all do. I can't wait to see who go where and which of these women will become a new addition to our chapter.
I remember Freshman year, walking on campus and thinking who are these crazy cats with silly, sparkly letters on. I swore up and down I would never become one of these barbie girls who only care about their nails, going out, buying the latest pumps and gossiping up the latest she-said he-said fiasco that occurred at the beagle the night before. I figured someone apparently had to much time on their hands or mommy and daddy just decided to throw around a couple hundred dollars a year for social purposes, AKA the making friends fund. Well apparently I fell and bumped my head but here I am, Greek and loving it!
I realized Ada isn't really your typical Animal House scene and the people here are just your typical townies, friendly and real. This new form of sisterhood I found was something I can't really imagine experiencing college without. I have seen myself grow and excel thanks to the people around me and the organization I became a part of. I guess this whole RG thing is my way of giving back, helping that one girl who said screw this find out what Greek life is really about. Honestly these girls are going to make some sweet sisters no matter what chapter they decide to join, but I'm not going to lie...curiosity is killing me!

No comments: