Monday, October 13, 2008

Week 6-Reading

I have begun to think about things that I always took for granted before, in the the technological world that is the Internet. Search engines and the many advantages they offer. Now i'm not just talking your everday Google, what's the weather, search. I am talking the in-depth, who is posting now and what big names are popping up, alerts. Now a days we can all we have to do as Internet savvy users is type in a name, company or link and BLAM, the alerts come screaming! Not only does this save time but it prevents us from having to deal with the hassle of research. I'm not saying I know how to use all the "new-finagled" operating tools but either way it still beats the old school research methods. I've got to give some praise to companies like Technorati, Feedster, BlogPulse and others for making my life a heck of a lot easier. If we can do all this now, imagine what the future will bring in online research.
I feel like this also gives companies an easy way to check up on what others are saying about them, whether it be good or bad. They can keep track of their employees, stocks and other important issues such as competitors. Companies are only smart to stay one step ahead of the competition if they wish to be the, "alpha dog" so to speak. Imagine a job where all you did was sit and see what people were blogging about your boss or company. I think that would be pretty sweet. Where can I sign up?

No comments: