Saturday, January 31, 2009

Road Trip

So I'm sitting at a friends munching on whole wheat pasta and some garlic bread, when I get a call from a friend that she ditched her car the night before and needed some help. Of course, I grabbed my keys and headed out the door. I had no idea where I was going. One slight problem, neither did she. Well, there are only so many roads in Hardin County, can't be that hard to find, right?
Well, about 45 minutes and several phone calls later, we finally found "old blue" just hanging out on the side of the road.

First I would like to say I don't understand why it is so difficult for people to clear there driveways of excess snow. I tried to find a place to turn around, and I almost ditched my own car in the process. I finally found a place to squeeze in and turn "BlackBeauty" around, threw on my flashers and jumped out of my car. My buddy and I walked towards the car and discovered the snow was like quicksand. I was knee high in snow, freezing my butt off and snapping pictures. I totally had to give her a hard time about this for the next month or so.

An hour later, I think we were best friends with the 411 Verizon network. I am pretty sure we called aproximately five times trying to find someone who could tow a car. Let me just say it is hard to get help when you are stuck in BFE and no one knows what Mt. Victory is. Or maybe it is the fact that we got connected to a tow company in Texas. HMMMMM....either way we finally got the situation figured out, made a few road way friends, and headed back to Ada. I think I can do without snow for a while, just saying.

No comments: