Thursday, October 9, 2008

Talk about motivation-Week 6 PR

WOW! Tonight was amazing and I left the room feeling inspired. Dr. Joe Trahan came to speak to our PRSSA chapter. He spoke about being a LEADER and the attributions that one should acquire. I thought the topics he brought up were dead on. So many times leaders forget the basics and overlook the small things that got them to where they are now. Leaders need to inspire, lead by example, communicate (well), and be able to accept failure. All of the above, used together for the right reasons could do wonders. When you aim high, set goals, and have determination there is no stopping what people can do. Student leaders need to step up and lead by example. I think my favorite quote that so many of us to forget is, "don't just be a critic on the side lines."
As a leader in various organizations so many people are willing to complain or whine about what they don't like or feel need to be changed but refuse to do anything about time. Why not change things up? Make your voice heard and get the ball rolling. Don't be afraid to take on that leadership role, you may never know who might follow. Like I said, this compelled me to do things differently.
I have this new desire to get involved, make a few waves and dig in deep to new activities. This was a refresher and made me feel grounded again. I think so many people have good ideas they just don't know what to do with them or how to go about getting it accomplished. My advice, just jump in!

No comments: