Monday, October 20, 2008

Week 7-Reading

I would have to say, I know we are in the 21st century but I am still shocked as to some of the information people are willing to post online. I had no idea a web site was created specifically focusing on the unethical or immoral situations people experienced on an everyday basis. I am aware you can be anonymous but one way or another someone always has the capability to find out. I don't know if I would have the courage to post something that could potentially risk my position or career. apparently I'm one of the few to feel this way considering the amount of hits on the Web site and the expansion of viral marketing.
Word of mouth has now expanded to meet this new system known as Viral Marketing. This system, which relies on others to spread information about whatever product they are trying to sell, sheds a whole new light traditional marketing strategies. Allowing others the power to either make or break whatever you are advertising shows you have no problem or you are just plain crazy.
Now,viral videos are something I am a little more familiar with. My generation constantly is surfing the Internet looking for the next big hit. We check YouTube on a constant basis and even add videos we made ourselves. Some days I feel like I learn more from a two minute video or catch up on the latest music hits than I could from reading an actual story. I watch what my friends say is good or funny, without hesitation. Taking advice from those I know is easier and sometimes more useful than finding the information out from an outside source. Using the previous sources is the new way to keep updated on what's happening in our world. Honestly, I can't imagine living without them nor could I see the generation behind ours survive.

No comments: